Review Detail

iLive iC308B Dual Alarm Projection Clock Radio with Dock iPod Speakers 2009-01-06 07:28:22 Cathy
Overall rating 

Value (Price vs. Performance) 

Sound Quality 

Style and Design 

Reviewed by Cathy    January 06, 2009

The worst gift I bought myself

I loved that this product had projection, dual alarm and docking station. I wanted it all. Unfortunately after many days of reading directions and resetting, the device has failed. My first complaint is the dimmer does no good in the standby mode (which is where it is at night time). The light is so bright on the display and you can see everything in my entire room. I had to move the clock just so I couldn't see the blue through my eye lids. Then when you set the alarm there is no option to have the radio come on at a set level and stay at that level. By the time I hop out of bed and dash to the alarm the entire house is awake for the increasing volume. I also have to reset the volume on the radio everytime I turn the radio on for listening. The preset is level 22 which is very loud. Many times the radio wil just increase in volume on it's own at random times. The projection is great as long as the clock in not on a night stand next to you. The projection only displays right above the device or behind the device. I also liked the fact that this device supported older ipods but it doesn't help if the volume is always messing up. After many resets I am having to return this item. I am so disappointed.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

To write a comment please register or log in.

POPULAR PAGES

Best Home iPod Speakers
Best iPhone Speakers

Best Portable iPod Speakers
Best iPod Alarm Clocks
Best Travel iPod Speakers
Best Premium iPod Speakers
iPod Speaker Types Explained
iPod Alarm Clock Features
How to Select iPod Speakers
Ask the iPod Speaker Experts

IPOD SPEAKER TYPES

All Home iPod Speakers
All Portable iPod Speakers

All iPod Alarm Clocks

All Premium iPod Speakers

All iPhone Speakers

All Travel iPod Alarm Clocks

All iPod Boomboxes
All Desk iPod Speakers
All Bluetooth iPod Speakers

MORE IPOD RESOURCES

iPod at Apple
iPhone Toolbox

MY FRIENDS :-)

iPhone Speaker Reviews
    Digital Picture Frames
    Paper Shedder Reviews
    LCD TV Reviews

Twitter_48x48 iPhone Speaker Review Feed iPhone Speaker Reviews on FacebookiPhone Speaker Reviews on Youtube
    ipodspeakerreviews-grey-200

About iPod Speaker Reviews

iPod Speaker Reviews is was created to help everyone find the best iPod Speakers systems before purchasing. This is done through expert and user reviews and ratings.

Over the years we have seen a lot of systems and this knowledge is the basis for our helpful guides, tips and explanation to help you understand the world of iPod speakers.

Our mission: to help iPod users gain the knowledge they need to understand iPod speaker systems by providing pertinent, modern and straightfoward information.

Did not find what you were looking for? Try Google, The Open Directory Project or