Review Detail

Vers 2x iPod Speaker 2008-02-17 00:11:21 ROB INFANTI
Overall rating 

Value (Price vs. Performance) 

Sound Quality 

Style and Design 

Reviewed by ROB INFANTI    February 17, 2008

Great Unit, Excellent Customer Service

I purchased my unit in early December and have to say that I was absolutely blown away. I had it set up and playing music within a few minutes of opening the box. Just minutes earlier, I had been playing my ipod through a JBL Micro Radial, which I thought sounded okay but looked a little too "modern". The first thing I noticed about the Vers 2x (besides the beautiful wood cabinet) was how full it sounded relative to the JBL. Wow! I could hear the bass lines clearly. The unit can be a little bass heavy for some tastes but you can adjust this with the EQ on the ipod. The unit is plenty loud and clean for my taste. I had been looking at units from Bose, Altec Lansing, Cambridge Sound etc. and for the price, this is an exceptional value.

Then the problem struck! Like a few other reviews have stated, after exactly one week, the volume started fading out. Since I live in Canada and do not have easy access to a dealer, I decided to send an email to the manufacturer, Sprout Creation. Within a couple of hours, they instructed me to send the unit back to them (at their expense) for replacement. They quickly turned around and sent the replacement unit to me and it has been working like a charm. Apparently, as it was explained to me in a conversation with them, they received a batch of faulty components in an early production run and some of these units got out to the market. It's unfortunate that this happened because as I see it, most people write these reviews only if they really love the item they bought or if they've had a problem with it. As you can see so far, the only problem that has cropped up in these reviews is this volume problem that has since been corrected. After receiving the new unit, I have absolutely no problem recommending the Vers 2x and I gladly give it high marks not only for it's great sound and appearance, but also for the excellent customer service.

Tip for Canadian customers: if you are receiving one of these units through Sprout Creations, have it sent to you through United States Postal Service. The USPS hands it off to Canada Post for final delivery and you won't be charged brokerage fees (and sometimes they'll waive the duties too!). When Sprout sent me my replacement, it came by UPS (not USPS). Before I could receive it, I had to fork over $31 in brokerage fees. Thankfully, Sprout Creations also covered this cost. As I said, excellent customer service!!!

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

To write a comment please register or log in.

POPULAR PAGES

Best Home iPod Speakers
Best iPhone Speakers

Best Portable iPod Speakers
Best iPod Alarm Clocks
Best Travel iPod Speakers
Best Premium iPod Speakers
iPod Speaker Types Explained
iPod Alarm Clock Features
How to Select iPod Speakers
Ask the iPod Speaker Experts

IPOD SPEAKER TYPES

All Home iPod Speakers
All Portable iPod Speakers

All iPod Alarm Clocks

All Premium iPod Speakers

All iPhone Speakers

All Travel iPod Alarm Clocks

All iPod Boomboxes
All Desk iPod Speakers
All Bluetooth iPod Speakers

MORE IPOD RESOURCES

iPod at Apple
iPhone Toolbox

MY FRIENDS :-)

iPhone Speaker Reviews
    Digital Picture Frames
    Paper Shedder Reviews
    LCD TV Reviews

Twitter_48x48 iPhone Speaker Review Feed iPhone Speaker Reviews on FacebookiPhone Speaker Reviews on Youtube
    ipodspeakerreviews-grey-200

About iPod Speaker Reviews

iPod Speaker Reviews is was created to help everyone find the best iPod Speakers systems before purchasing. This is done through expert and user reviews and ratings.

Over the years we have seen a lot of systems and this knowledge is the basis for our helpful guides, tips and explanation to help you understand the world of iPod speakers.

Our mission: to help iPod users gain the knowledge they need to understand iPod speaker systems by providing pertinent, modern and straightfoward information.

Did not find what you were looking for? Try Google, The Open Directory Project or